]]>

Thursday, November 6, 2014

The Latest News From Steve Strongman's Fan Page

Hello all.  I hope this email finds you fantastic! 
It has been quite some time since my last email to you and it has been a very busy time indeed. Let Me Prove it to You has been getting fantastic reviews, and it has been awesome to get out and play these songs live. The rest of the summer went incredibly well, thanks to all that came out to the festivals, we had a blast.

I just finished tour dates in Quebec with my good buddies MonkeyJunk, and the one and only Guy Bélanger.  It was awesome to have this opportunity for all of us to hang out and play together. Check out this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrohP7rKDqM

I also had the absolute pleasure of writing and recording a few tunes with Monsieur Bélanger on his brand new CD Blues Turn.  

...and speaking of great harp players, I had an amazing time writing and recording two songs with the incomparable Roly Platt for his new CD, which is also getting rave reviews.  

I'm thrilled to report that I have been nominated for three MAPLE BLUES AWARDS this year.  Entertainer of the Year, Electric Act of the Year, and Guitarist of the Year. I'm honoured to be included in such great company, Congratulations to all the nominees. Check out the full list here.  

Remember the Entertainer and Electric act of the Year awards are determined by the public ,so please vote. Voting will open 11:59pm Newfoundland Daylight Time on November 5, 2014, and will close at 11:59pm Pacific Standard Time on December 5, 2014. Blues fans can cast their votes online at www.mapleblues.ca. Canadian blues fans can cast their votes in all categories except instrumental.

It's hard to believe we are already into November.  Next week I am on my way to play shows in London UK, France and Switzerland, I am really looking forward to it.  Follow me on Twitter to see what we are up to.

Christmas?...already?  Yikes.  My fifth annual Christmas show in Hamilton is at Stonewall's on Saturday, December 13th.  My special guest is JUNO award winner Tomi Swick.  Tickets go on sale next week, stay tuned for details.

Also, the annual Rob Szabo/Steve Strongman Holiday Show has it 10th anniversary this year! The show will be on Saturday, December 20th at the Starlight in Waterloo.  Tickets will be available at the venue and online next week.   

As always, thank you for your support and I hope to see you in person soon!

Steve
  
UPCOMING PERFORMANCES 
November 16 - Ain't Nothin' But, LONDON UK
November 17 - Blues Sur Sein Festival, PARIS FRANCE
November 18 - Blues Sur Sein Festival, PARIS FRANCE
November 19 - SRG SSR Swiss Broadcast Live, GENEVA SWITZERLAND
November 20 - Brasseurs des Grottes, GENEVA SWITZERLAND
November 21- Caves du Chateau, COPPET SWITZERLAND
November 22 - Cafe Concert Taco - LAUSANNE, SWITZERLAND
November 28 - Epcor Centre for the Performing Arts- CALGARY, AB
November 29 - Epcor Centre for the Performing Arts- CALGARY, AB
December 13 - Stonewall’s - HAMILTON, ON
December 20 - The Starlight - WATERLOO, ON

No comments: